Come journey with me through this thing called life while also taking a front row seat of my preschool teaching journey!

Friday, May 1, 2020

May Day & Masks


This morning, as we were getting our day started, we heard a knock at the door, and of course, Lily barked as if there were an intruder. Miles went to open the door, and found a small bouquet of flowers in a vase.

Now, I never really knew what "May Day" was until today, really.I was today years old when I really learned what it was. And that's all thanks to Google! I had to look it up. For those of you who don’t know what May Day is a springtime holiday that celebrates the return of spring!


The flowers happened to be from my mother-in-law. I know because my name was printed in her handwriting. I opened up the ziploc bag with my name. I opened it, and inside was a cute typed up note from her. I loved it. She even included a fabric mask that she made.


I moved the flowers into our Rae Dunn vase. Now they’re  sitting so nicely on our table! Ok, now to tie in that fabric mask. Up till today, fabric masks 😷 have been recommended for everyone except Essential Workers. Most everyone in the county has been wearing them though, which is amazing! Every now and then, I’ll see someone (or a few people) without masks, but it’s not often.



Effective today, May 1, 2020, there has been a county wide order to make masks mandatory. Everyone over the age of 2 years must wear masks or be penalized with $1,000 fine or up to 6 months in jail. With that said, these terms have some conditions on the “mandatory” part. We must wear a face mask, or covering, whenever we are around people other than our immediate family. If we are outside and no one is around, we do not have to be covering our face, but be wearing it around d our ears and under our chin, so that when someone comes near you, you can slip that bad boy on really quick.



To me, that kinda makes sense. We’re still practicing social distancing, but some don’t really care for it. I went to Target earlier today (to pick up some items we needed through their Drive-Up), and a I saw a woman just cram herself between their Online Pick-Up order staff and a cart. I was literally like “🤦🏻‍♀️🙅🏻‍♀️🚫❌😱😠” all in like .5 seconds. I couldn’t believe what I saw. The staff weren’t taking up space, and were off to the side under a tent cover. I was just so surprised! (Okay, rant over.)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig