Come journey with me through this thing called life while also taking a front row seat of my preschool teaching journey!

Friday, September 14, 2018

APEX Fun Run 2018

Yesterday was the 6th Annual Apex Fun Run at Empresa. The kids have been preparing for the run (jog-a-thon) for WEEKS! Isaiah has been sharing the website & code to literally EVERYONE we know. He definitely put in the work. If he wasn’t personally telling & reminding friends and family to sponsor him, he was sharing links to the Apex website and helping people sponsor him online.


Serenity, on the other hand, just kind of piggy backed into his hard work. I don’t blame her, I’d probably do the same. This year’s theme was APEX STRONG! They learned a chant and some cool moves!

When we (parents) found out about the Fun Run at Back-to-School night in August, I “jokingly” asked the kids if I should put their face on a poster and they nervously laughed. I say “jokingly” because I wasn’t really joking. As time went on, the more I wanted to actually put their face on a poster and potentially make Isaiah and Serenity masks.


Well, when the time came (the night before the Fun Run), I busted out my color printer, Letter sized photo paper and my phone! I took Isaiah outside and snapped a photo of his face, you know, all up close and personal 😂 and blew it up and printed it out! I glued that baby (and Serenity’s face photo) to the poster board.

Come the morning of the Fun Run, I held my sign up proudly and Isaiah got embarrassed! His friends were laughing, and he got shy. I got a lot of compliments on that poster and it now hangs in Miles’ classroom (proudly!). Isaiah ran 41 laps and Serenity “ran” (she’s not the most athletic or coordinated child) 24 laps (the minimum). Overall, they had fun raising money and getting cheered on! Also, some of the money went to build water wells in third world countries; to have clean drinking water more accessible and available to them.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig