Come journey with me through this thing called life while also taking a front row seat of my preschool teaching journey!

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Wrapping up Oregon | Summer 2017

Oregon Welcomes You sign,
Oregon


We're starting to wrap up our trip here in Oregon *sad face*. We left Oceanside early Monday morning at 3 a.m! I couldn't sleep Sunday night so so had a total of 3 hours of sleep when we began our trek to the PNW. We also invited my mom to join us on this adventure because it's actually my aunt, her sister that lives in Forest Grove, and they haven't seen each other in over 2 years! So I left my car at her house Sunday night for her to drive back to my apartment early Monday morning and then began our 16+ hour drive!

We were making great time on Monday and stopped at our halfway point (Sacramento, CA) for lunch at In-N-Out and gas around 11 a.m. Things started to slow down from there cause we made it into Oregon around 4 p.m but didn't get into Forest Grove till almost midnight because we had to replace our wheel. *sad face, again*. We wound up getting back on the road and found my aunt's house. *Side note: Miles is amazing because he drove 20+ hours from Oceanside to Forest Grove!

Tuesday, Miles took the car to get the wheel replaced in the next town (Hillsboro). We visited Tillamook city and stopped at the Tillamook exhibit  where they show the process of how their dairy products are made. It was amazing! -And we got some free cheese samples out of it. After visiting Tillamook and buying souvenirs and ice cream, we made a few stops along the Oregon coast and visited some of the beaches (Rockaway & Cannon). These bleaches are not like our Southern California beaches! They're colder, water is further out but beautiful and definitely not crowded!
Tillamook Dairy Farm Exhibit
Tillamook, OR
Yesterday (Wednesday),  I spontaneously agreed to getting a tattoo done on the inside of my right arm. For those of you that know me, I love Van Gogh and his paintings are amazing! I have been slowly working on a sleeve (or 2) with Van Gogh as the theme. Well yesterday, I got Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette.. and I love it! It's my biggest piece yet! We also left my aunt's house and stayed in a hotel in Portland to see some sights!
Skull of Skeleton with Burning Cigarette
Van Gogh
My new tattoo
We had dinner a few minutes away from our hotel room at The Angry Unicorn which has amazing burgers, by the way! And while there met a local who told us about Rocky Butte, which is also beautiful! So many sights to see there! It's also perfect for taking photos (which I did a mini session with my own children)! He also told us that Rocky Butte is right behind the hotel we're staying at! So it took about 10 minutes to get there! Once we got there, there were like 3 (spread out) flights of stairs... but we took them like champs!

Today, we visited downtown Portland and stopped by the iconic VooDoo Doughnuts, Powell's Book Store, had breakfast at Slappy Cales and Stumptown Coffee. We also made a lunch stop at Old Town Pizza & Brewing which the local we met yesterday said that it's known to be haunted (ooh, spooky). I mean, how can we pass that up?!
VooDoo Doughnuts
Portland, Oregon 

Slappy Cakes,
Portland, OR

Also, the sun sets here around 9:30-10 p.m! Back I need Oceanside it an around 7:30-8 p.m... so we're getting longer days, but are waking up cranky in the mornings!

We're about halfway done with our day and we have a few more stops left before we call it a night! Till the next post!

Days left: 1 1/2
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig