Come journey with me through this thing called life while also taking a front row seat of my preschool teaching journey!

Monday, December 24, 2018

The Morning Before Christmas (Box)

Hello and Merry Christmas Eve! I love holiday traditions, and we have several. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving, have Christmas music playing in the background, we decorate the tree, put lights and our light up wreath up on the window, the wreath on our door... it goes on!

Okay, so for the past few years, my family has been doing a “Christmas Eve box.” My kids are 10 & 9, turning 11 & 10.

Serenity’s box

Isaiah’s box

Each box includes:

  • 1 set of footy pajamas
  • A Christmas movie
  • A book (Can be Christmas themed or not. -We just pick books that they are interested in and are in their reading level.
  • Candy
  • Hot Chocolate pack(ets)
  • Microwave popcorn

“We” wait till both kids are asleep, and set their boxes in our living room coffee table with a note from Santa Claus.

In my family, the box gets delivered by Christmas Eve morning (since we’re all busy with getting to church for the Eve service, getting last minute presents wrapped, and making sure we have everything ready for my side of the family’s Christmas Eve gathering (another tradition). 

As soon as they wake up, the kids always head to the living room (first thing) to see if they have received a box. Then they slip on those PJ’s, and after having breakfast, get their hot cocoa ready & made and we spend the day watching both movies (and other Christmas movies). This year, we are leaving for a “Christmas vacation” and are headed (driving 🚙) to Oregon to visit my Aunt, who the kids call “Auntie-Grandma” because she’s their Aunt (my mom’s sister) and looks IDENTICAL to my mom, even though they’re not twins and she’s like 10+ years younger than my mom.


I hope you enjoy this tradition as much as my family does. I’m sure as the kids get older, the box items will change. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig